Who I am...

My photo
The Berkshires, MA, United States
My name is Missy, I am a 31 year old mother of two gorgeous boys, and one gorgeous baby girl!!! My husband and I have been together for over 13 years,and without a doubt we were meant to be together! I love to sew, cook, bake, dance, listen to music,play with my kids, sing,and of course photography!!.....Just have fun and be happy!!! I hope you enjoy my blog and follow it faithfully!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Really Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies!!



Ok..these are for a REAL chocolate lover.... So good!!!




In this photo I used White Chocolate chips, because it was all I had...NORMALLY I use regular choc. chips!!



  • 1/2 cup butter softened

  • 1/2 cup shortening

  • 1 cup white sugar

  • 1/2 cup brown sugar

  • 2 tsp vanilla

  • 2 cups flour

  • 2/3 cup of cocoa powder

  • 3/4 tsp of baking soda

  • 1/4 tsp salt

  • 2 cups chocolate chips (regular or white, peanut butter chips etc..)

preheat oven to 350.


beat butter , sugar, eggs, and vanilla till fluffy. Add in the rest of the ingredients (except the choc chips)....mix well, then fold in choc chips. this is a much stickier batter than regular cookie batter.


Drop by spoonfuls (or smaller or larger!) onto cookie sheet, bake for 8-1o minutes. I bake for closer to 8 minutes so they are still a bit gooier in the middle. Let cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then cool on wire rack completely.


Once cooled, you can go ONE STEP FURTHER.(or not)....I dunked mine in Candy-Qwick! it's just like coating them in chocolate, but candy qwick is fast and easy!!! messy, but easy! Let them set till hard, SO GOOD, nice hard outer shell bite into gooey goodness!! ENJOY!!


you can ALSO add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts if you like, I'm not a nut fan, so I don't :)



No comments:

Post a Comment