Who I am...

My photo
The Berkshires, MA, United States
My name is Missy, I am a 31 year old mother of two gorgeous boys, and one gorgeous baby girl!!! My husband and I have been together for over 13 years,and without a doubt we were meant to be together! I love to sew, cook, bake, dance, listen to music,play with my kids, sing,and of course photography!!.....Just have fun and be happy!!! I hope you enjoy my blog and follow it faithfully!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

mmm Lemon Buttercream Cupcakes!

I have been dying to make these, and so finally I AM!!!
Here is the recipe....and of course I will have a picture later on :)

Cupcake:
1 cup of butter softened
2 cups of sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp of lemon zest
1 tsp of lemon extract
1 tsp of vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups of flour
1tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
2 cups of sour cream

cream the butter and sugar, beat the eggs in one at a time. Then add lemon and vanilla and zest.
mix together all dry ingredients, then add it slowly to the creamed mixture....Alternate adding the dry , then adding some sour cream, till both are well combined :) Your batter is going to be kind of thick. pour into greased cupcake tins, or lined tins.

Cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let cool

Once they are cooled you can frost them with the frosting!! recipe below!

Frosting:
3 tbsp of butter softened
2 1/4 cup of confect. sugar
2 tbsp of lemon juice
3/4 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of lemon zest
1 tbsp of milk

cream butter and sugar, then add rest of ingredients, beat till smooth,and frost :)

No comments:

Post a Comment