Who I am...

My photo
The Berkshires, MA, United States
My name is Missy, I am a 31 year old mother of two gorgeous boys, and one gorgeous baby girl!!! My husband and I have been together for over 13 years,and without a doubt we were meant to be together! I love to sew, cook, bake, dance, listen to music,play with my kids, sing,and of course photography!!.....Just have fun and be happy!!! I hope you enjoy my blog and follow it faithfully!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lemon Drop Cupcakes!



SO, I never took a pic of the lemon buttercream cupcakes...but that's ok...they are gone, and these look cuter :) I am on a lemon kick for some reason! so tonight I made LemonDrop cupcakes...soooooo good! Here is the recipe!






Cupcake Batter:



1 cup butter



2 cups of sugar



4 eggs



1.5 tsp of lemon extract



1.5 tsp of vanilla extract



3 cups of flour



2 tsp baking powder



1/2 tsp of salt



1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice....again becareful not to get seeds in there!



1 tbsp of grated Lemon Zest (peel)






cream butter and sugar....add eggs one at a time, then add extracts....next mix in dry ingredients but alternate it with the lemon juice. and last stir in lemon zest.



Back in cupcake tins for 18-23 min at 350 degrees. this is about 2 dozen....only fill them 1/2 way






Once they have cooled for only 10 minutes....poke a few holes in each cupcake....



mix gently



1 cup of confectioners sugar



and 1/4 cup of lemon juice



spoon that lightly over each cupcake top....make sure it seeps ito the holes!!! throw them in the fridge for about 2 hours. Take out and frost!!!......on these I cheated...I used Lemon supreme frosting in a tub!!!! SORRY!!!!! It was late and I didn't feel like making a lemon frosting!



well give it a shot! AND ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment