Who I am...

My photo
The Berkshires, MA, United States
My name is Missy, I am a 31 year old mother of two gorgeous boys, and one gorgeous baby girl!!! My husband and I have been together for over 13 years,and without a doubt we were meant to be together! I love to sew, cook, bake, dance, listen to music,play with my kids, sing,and of course photography!!.....Just have fun and be happy!!! I hope you enjoy my blog and follow it faithfully!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Broken crayons anyone??


I can't be the only mom out there with a little boy who tends to break all of his crayons?? I was so tired of picking up pieces of crayon or shreds of the paper....I came across an idea to make my own!


Here is what you do:


  • Take all of the remaining paper off of the broken crayon pieces.

  • Group them into "like" colors

  • pre-heat your oven to 250°

  • use any kind of silicone mold,candy mold, anything that is oven heat safe

  • break them into many small pieces in each mold

  • Place them in the oven for approx 12 minutes, but watch closely all ovens vary

  • once completely melted remove them, and place in the freezer for about 5 minutes

  • Pop them out of the molds and let cool completly

Now you have cool shaped crayons for your kids with no wrappers and although they are still breakable, will probably NOT break nearly as fast as the regular crayons!!!! Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment